Modify Product Key

B

BoDEAN

How does one do it?
I know there is a way to modify the product key in windows xp professional

The key is in the registry. To find it you have first to know what it is and do a search in the registry for it.

There's also all updates that you can download on your HD somewhere so every time that you re-install you don't have to go back to windowsupdates to get them, assuming that you are having the FCKGW.........ID and that SP1 will enable the update function in XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q323166

This is where you will be able to get all your updates and burned them. Every time that you re-install your updates are available without going back to get them. Really useful site for it

Good luck

Ok heres the scoop... first you create a bootdisk, then reboot the computer using the bootdisk... then when youre all booted type format c: /x
Dont look here for and easy way to crack you Devil0wn copy of XP

To get your Product ID:

Right click on My computer/Properties and there it is. Copy the ID from there.

Now to open it in the Registry:

Start/Run - regedit
Click on my computer once to highlight it
Click on Edit/Find and paste your Product ID there and click on Find Next......you'll see exactly where it is.

I don't know if you can change that key but at least you will know the location of it

Hope that is helpful to you :p

tutorial

i could post a link to a "tutorial" about how to find out and change your product key, but i'm not sure if it jives with forum rules. so PM me if you want it.

jawshoooh, take a look in your PM....I did sent you a little message :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back