Modem Volume and Initialization Strings

R

RACERX88

Guys and Gals,

I have Windows XP and I have a problem with my modem. When go to device manager and click on the properties for my modem, it shows the modem volume off. However, when it dials out I can hear the modem dialing out and communicating to our ISP. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to turn something else off?

Also, I input an initialization string in the advanced options "I think" of the modem under device manager. Before it forced the modem at 26400 but I am still getting a higher speed with the initialization string inputted. Do I need to put the string somewhere else?

Thanks,

Kerry

Yo,

Usually the modem volume is set in the Extra Settings of the modem properties in the Control Panel and it's the same for the Init String but for the volume I don't remember the exact letters...sorry.

I work as a Helpdesk Technician and that's what we do for connection problems (Init String)

A great site for more info about modems:

www.modemhelp.net

open your network connections window and right click on you dialup isp thing then properties then on one of the tabs it show s your modem. slect it then properties(or configuratin or somehting) there should be an option called enable modem speaker, untick it

Here are strings you can add to the Extra initialisationstring:

M0 Speaker always off
M1 Speaker on during connection
M2 Speaker always on (very noisy)
L0 Lowest volume
L1 Lowest volume (redundant)
L2 Medium volume
L3 Maximum volume

Obviously with m0 there is no need for any L setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back