Modem to fax

T

TedP

Can anyone recommend a FAX/DATA/VOICE modem for an XP machine? And a supplier in UK? (One that is known to send and recieve faxes okay.)

I have installed an ambient data/voice/fax modem to an XP machine. Everything works fine, internet connection, answering machine, phone dialer, etc. BUT the fax facility doesn't...it dials out okay, connects to the remote fax machine, handshakes with the remote and then stops. Same with incoming faxes.

I installed the XP drivers that came with the modem. The modem is an Intel HaM Plus V.90 PCI internal. On Comm 3.

On install a window comes up saying that there is no certificate of authentication from MS for this driver.

I have tried everything I can think of, but obviously not the right thing

I have tried using SuperVoice Pro5 and the MSXP Fax facility, but same problem with both.

Ted

I take it you've tryed faxing to and from several different machines?

Yes, 4 or 5. Always the same dials perfectly, remote answers, "handshakes" with remote fax and then nothing......

Ted

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back