Modem Scripts?

I

Immune_Jam

First of all, howdy everyone, told this is the place to find well thought out solutions to problems, or was that problems with well thought out solutions. Oh well.

Anyway, my question (shoot me if it's in the wrong section) is, are you able to get the modem to automatically divert the phone (dial-up obviously) before connnecting to the net. Also, cancel diversion after I disconnect.

I would guess that it would involve a script/init and DTMF tones, but have been unable to find info on where or how.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You can disable call waiting. All you have to do is enable dialing rules then click properties. Its a tick box near the bottom. As for turning it back on when you disconnect. No idea.

do you want to dissable call waiting? if so, put a *70 in front of your ISP's phone #......

if this dosn't help, let me know..

Thanks for the tips on call waiting, but I wish to divert to another telephone number. I'll see if I can put the string in my dial-up connection box (whatever the dtmf code would be) and hope that after the divert string, the phone resumes a dial tone.

Don't think I explained myself well, but any ideas on how to overcome another way?

Originally posted by Immune_Jam
Thanks for the tips on call waiting, but I wish to divert to another telephone number. I'll see if I can put the string in my dial-up connection box (whatever the dtmf code would be) and hope that after the divert string, the phone resumes a dial tone.

Don't think I explained myself well, but any ideas on how to overcome another way?

i understand exatly what you want but i have no idea how 2 do it:huh:

Putting the dialing code for diversion first should help. I believe you use # and * like on the phone. Also use , if you need to wait a short period. More commas for longer period.

For instance, the need to press 9 to get an external line will result in the dial string 9,,<number> normally.

As for diverting back when disconnecting I believe you'll need to make a separate dialer for that which you start manually after disconnecting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back