modem problem

L

lozza

I've just installed a new pci modem in a friends pc, and although the pc detected the hardware ok and then loaded the xp drivers from the provided cd, the installation wizard brings up the message that 'there is a problem with the device'. when you look at the modem in control panel, it says 'the device cannot start' and a code 10 error. Is this a driver problem, or is the modem u/s?
It is a netodragon device and was purchased from PC worlds component centre.

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
This sounds like a resource conflict to me.

You could try trying a different PCI slot on the mobo. Some slots can share IRQ's generally, and others shouldn't.
You may even find an IRQ/resource allocation setting for the PCI ports in the BIOS. Also if you don't use the COM ports on the mobo you can disable these from within the BIOS/and or Windows and that'll free up some resources.
Hope this helps :)

R

RogerPhillis

Had exactly the same problem last week on a secondary system with an AMR on board modem that would not dial out, although Control panel/diagnostics showed modem communication as correct.
Disabled on board modem ,installed second modem which showed code 10 error, which should presumably means interrupt problem.
Removed second modem in d/manager and rebooted and worked normally !
When not dialling out on original on board modem ,also lost half duplex sound driver entry in d/manager, and in fact all sound temporarily afterwards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut