Modem error - Port Already Open

B

BiggT

I am repairing a PC and am having trouble with the modem. I have tried 4 different modems. 2-ISA, and 2-PCI. I have added another com port, updated the bios, and still get the same error when I try to access the modem " OpenComm Port Already Open"
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

BiggT FTP:
biggt
stuff

I had this once when screwing around with my modem, but I just uninstalled then reinstalled the drivers and it worked. Are you sure that there's nothing wrong with your phone line?

Did that numerous times. I even did a clean install of 98SE. It still happens. I am tearing what little hair I have left out. LOLOL

Ok, whats happening here is it is not installing properly.

Do begin with, you do not need to add a com port, the drivers will do it for you.

So bin any com ports that you have added

Remove any modems in device manager and in the modem section of control panel.

When you reboot windows will find the device, you then should get an options to install the drivers from disk. Point it to the right folder on the cd click next etc and the fisrt device to come up should be something along the lines of connextant pci enumerator ( this is effectively your com port ) then the modem and in last place a wave device.

Until you get that virtual comport the modem will not work. So no amount of adding comports manually will have any effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back