modding xbox

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
i want to fo that mod were you can copy games to your hard drive..i beleave you need a mod chip and a new hard drive....is this something i can do easily myself? like order a chip, buy a hard drive and install a program?

yeah u have to have a modchip then install a new dash, search for slayers' auto evo x installer, u download that and burn the image to a Cd-rw (make sure its an rw not an r bcause xboxes dont read cd-r) and stick it in it will do all your drives might delete data so u might wanna back everything up by network (it lets u do that by setting up an ftp server (pretty cool if u ask me)) and have ur xbox chipped, then everything is fine, all those kind of apps are already on the evox that slayer installs

so i do nned a mod chip then right? also a normal xbox game is like 2-3 gb right..so on the normal hd thats like two maybe three games...can i use an extra hd i have? also...once i run the program on a cdrw can i remove the hd and hook it up to my computer and add music files to it...i have a bunch of mp3's....

no, what u can do is, get the mod chip first u need that for sure, i reccomend getting a xecuter they are the best, then just get a new hdd, plop it in the xbox, and burn the cd stick it in and it will do all the formatting u need. and then u can ftp mp3's everything to ur xbox, as there is a media player installed from slayers, it even can play divx files, and also a dvd ripper like the one for the games

well im not going to do any one line play...so i dont need a top of the line mod chip..i need something that will just work...i hate soldering but ill do it if its like taking candy from a baby...and via ftp...i dont need the xbox live right?

oh and i had an xbox and sold it..i need to get a new/used one..what the ebst version to get?

no u dont need xbox live, and for the mod chip then go for the xecuter lite, it doesnt solder on

what version of xbox...and when i copy them to the hd drive..can i also burn them..i have a dvd burner...woudl there be a special program to use?

for that just check on the mod chip most should work with all versions though

i looked at torrent spy and i got nothing...can you hook me up with a few good bt sites....

thanks sooo much for your help..i tried to click your star like 100000000 times...but i gave up after it did nothing...ill give you a heads up on how it works..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back