Modding ATI 9500 -> 9700pro

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all.
Has anybody modded a ATI 9500 128meg into the 9700 or 9700pro? I am not afraid of hardware modding (well not too much) but has anyone had any real success? I realise this is a dishonerable practice :rolleyes: but i am very poor! and my geforce3ti200 is gettin dated now! The final thing is does anyone know where to get a 9500 with the 9700 pcb in the uk?

Cheers

Originally posted by indyjones
Hi all.
Has anybody modded a ATI 9500 128meg into the 9700 or 9700pro? I am not afraid of hardware modding (well not too much) but has anyone had any real success? I realise this is a dishonerable practice :rolleyes: but i am very poor! and my geforce3ti200 is gettin dated now! The final thing is does anyone know where to get a 9500 with the 9700 pcb in the uk?

Cheers

it can be done with a software hack... :) no hardware work needed...

you need to get very lucky and get a 9500 non-pro on a 9700 non-pro pcb hence with 4 disabled pipelines that WORK... and the software mod will enable these 4 pipelines and BOOM... you are up and running...

will not change it to 9700pro because frankly you are working off of a 9700 non-pro pcb... memory quality is going to be lower (hence lower speeds/oc's) but it will be a darn sight better than a 9500 non-pro...

problem is the 9700non-pro pcb... hard to find... and you may end up with a buggered card...

I would just save a little longe.r.. your card is just fine for now... prices will drop over summer as new products drop...

always remember that if you can't afford to replace what your gonna overclock you shouldn't overclock it. and it sounds like your a lil strapped for cash so I would just wait tell I had the money to buy the faster card.

Ok thanks I guess your right what with a 9500 being £140 and the cheapest 9700PRO being £220 the diffrence is price dropping. And witht the new cards coming out all the time they are only gonna get cheaper. I usually only pay £150 for cards anyway and i guess gettin the right pcb is a bit of a gamble anyway. Cheers

Ok thanks I guess your right what with a 9500 being £140 and the cheapest 9700PRO being £220 the diffrence is price dropping. And witht the new cards coming out all the time they are only gonna get cheaper. I usually only pay £150 for cards anyway and i guess gettin the right pcb is a bit of a gamble anyway. Cheers

:)

good call :)

after all.. it is OUR money :) and therefore OUR satisfaction is paramount...

Sazar when you refer to your ATI as modded what exactly have you done to it?? :confused:

Sazar when you refer to your ATI as modded what exactly have you done to it?? :confused:

heh you will notice that I have removed the text 'modded' since when I did it.. it was meant to signify that I had added copper ram sinks and an additional cooler to the metal plate @ the back of my card :)

now with all teh software and hardware hacks for the 9500 done the last several months.. it sounded odd.. so I just removed it :)

Originally posted by Sazar
heh you will notice that I have removed the text 'modded' since when I did it.. it was meant to signify that I had added copper ram sinks and an additional cooler to the metal plate @ the back of my card :)

now with all teh software and hardware hacks for the 9500 done the last several months.. it sounded odd.. so I just removed it :)

Ah i see though it still says modded in your sig :rolleyes: as for the modding of 9500s that was what i origonally planned and you warned against :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back