Mobo's with the newest tech??

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
With all the big changes in the computing industry comming out, I thought I would start to update my upgrade parts list. (I do this once a year)

For my upgrade that I am considering I want to use the the following hardware and features:
AMD Athlon FX-53 processesor
PCI Express for graphics card (not sure that any support it yet but..)
DDR2 memmory upto 2 gig
ATA133 and SATA support
Gigabit ethernet support

Are there any mobo's on the market yet that support these features

ddr2 is not going to be supported by amd till next year afaik... if that early..

pci-eX is the only one not supported @ the moment on current boards other than ddr2...

GBe, s-ata and everything else is available now...

some of the newest Tyans have some of those features

all teh big boys like abit/asus/msi/dfi/tyan/gigabyte and so on support most of the features... only pci-eX and ddr2 is not currently supported for sck 939 or 940 and will be unlikely to be supported for a while...

Sazar said:
all teh big boys like abit/asus/msi/dfi/tyan/gigabyte and so on support most of the features... only pci-eX and ddr2 is not currently supported for sck 939 or 940 and will be unlikely to be supported for a while...
Well that suks as AMD is switching all/most of their chips to the 939 platform, and are boasting about DDR2 and PCI Express. I guess I will just have to wait till they start putting out mobo's with support for these features. I would hate to buy a mobo at $200 just to have to upgrade it in 6 months for the features that are going to make the upgrade worthwhile.

ddr2 has higher latencies

I don't see how using ddr2 in its current incarnation is going to result in improved performance... ddr has lower latencies and the clocks keep climbing..

the current iterations leave ddr as better than ddr2 @ today's publised clocks..

amd's on-die memory controller also makes it that much more critical of a decision for them...

as HT speeds increase and ddr2 clocks perhaps they will implement it @ a nice point in the future... @ the moment its not necessary for them to...

Hummm, wow your right on that, I must have either read an article wrong or the original article I read was really incorrect. Looks like I can scrap DDR2 for the list. Thanks for posting that Sazar, as after I read that I went looking for the artical that said otherwise, coudn't find it, but can across 3 other ones that totoaly agreed with you. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back