Mobo question [ 80 Port Debug Led ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
So , I own an Epox 8RDA+
On it's small display ( placed on downright of device ) shows a message which I cannot entirely understand so here it is :
FF ( on display ) and FFh ( manual - glosary ) = Boot attempt ( INT 19h ) - so what this means ?
Attached a pic ( modified by me ) for more detail ..

Well, it's a debug display. If the computer halts before booting you can see where it stopped and look up the error number in the manual. Very useful. :)

Yes, I agree with SkazzyUK, what a good job you've done for us to see !
Really nice illustration for your question, and nice feature btw ! ;)

haha, nice

"80 port".. what could this mean? the only thing that comes to mind is the ide cable issue. your harddrive might be using a 40-conductor cable which the motherboard won't allow. you need an 80-conductor.

check out an old post of mine which might help you find out if that's your problem.

No, "80 port" more likely referrs to the computer using IO port 80 to generate the data or something like that. Useless info to the common user. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back