mobo power problem

sparky

OSNN Addict
hi all been ages since i was on this site,but if you want answers .........

ok, i've got a jetway v266b mobo that currently supports a xp2100 chip and 512 sdram ( i know i know) built it recently, the system seems to work fine except that ,i like to switch the power off at the mains after i shut the pc down(fire concious) when i put the power on at the mains the pc boots up without pressing the on button on the front of the pc?this is really annoying , i thought that i put the connectors for the case in wrongly so i tried the same thing without any of the front panel connectors connected and the pc still boots up when i switch the mains on so its not the connectors.i've been through the bios and tweaked it somewhat but im not really sure what i should be looking for ,can anyone help.or is there a site that i can get this info from
cheers sparky

CHeck the BIOS, I once had a motherboard where you could tell it what to do if there ws a power failure.

If you are lucky there is a bios setting. I say lucky because I have 4 MB and only one works this way. I actually like it.

The setting is under power management. On my gigbyte it reads something like:

"How to respond after a power outage."
Restart the PC is what I select to get power on from the mains.
Stay off, or something like that will put the PC into the waiting for the front panel switch state.

thanks all who replied, been through the bios and tweaked just about everything that i could think of , still no joy .....ah well i guess i'll just install a switch between the mains and the pc ,(my son has his ps2 on the same power adapter so thats why im doing this as every time he switches on his ps2 at the mains the pc boots up )

cheers sparky

have you reset the bios ?

(sorry if its wrote above, i just skipped to your post :p)

from what i can see,go into bios > in power managment, > wake up events, make sure its all disabled in there.

Originally posted by sparky
ah well i guess i'll just install a switch between the mains and the pc ,(my son has his ps2 on the same power adapter so thats why im doing this as every time he switches on his ps2 at the mains the pc boots up )

Why n ot put the PC on its own Powerbar?

Most ATX boards support this feature. Usually it's called "Power On After Power Fail" with options Enabled, Disabled and Previous State. Can't find anything about it in your manual though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back