Mobo Killed

S

silky62678

I have a Asus A7N8X DX, that i brought about a month ago. As of lastnight, it doesnt power up anymore. The powerlight does come on but that's it. I dont even get the BIOS screen. I have replaced evetything but the motherboard,and im still having this problem. I tried to take out the CMOS battery and tried to reset but still nothing comes up. PLEASE HELP:( :( :(

does it make any beep sounds? if not I would have to say your bios is prolly shot since you say u changed everything else out, see if you can send your mother board back for repairs or for a new one. if not then your just gonna have to bend over on this one.

Nope, it doesnt make any beeping noises:(
But already have a RMA in the works :D
What would cause something like that "future reference"? I did have my CPU 2400 overclocked to 2600 speed. The Bios was already updated so that wasnt the cause.

they may refuse the RMA is the BIOS is intact and tells them it was overclocked.

nothing really some times bios' just flake like that there is a soyo dragon platinum in the other room the bios just went out on.

I see where u coming from but overclocking the Multiplier shouldnt cause the BIOS to die on me, should it ?:confused:

no but it could damage other parts of the board and since your not sending it back because something else is broken they prolly won't even look.

it can do, but they put the overclocking clause in the warranty, just cus they can i guess, any way out of replacing it.

I dont think they are going to check it, if so, my lost. But i still dont see how changing the multiplier would do anything to the mobo, that's just speeding up the CPU.

see what happens , worse case scenario they don't take it back and you pay 150$ for a new mainboard, if anything say you had a faster processor.

Just clear the bios using the manual jumper reset or remove the battery for 30 min. Nothing that they can tell then even if they do check.

I set the jumpers and removed the CMOS battery. I only left it out for like a minute. I will try leaving it out longer around 30 minutes and see what happens.

in addition to setting the jumper, also turn off the power supply and press the power button a few times to drain any juice in the capacitors. that does the trick for me and i leave the battery in.

I gave that a try, it was a no go. I guess the sucker is dead.

Originally posted by silky62678
I gave that a try, it was a no go. I guess the sucker is dead.

Well my post was more for the RMA so they can't say that you OC'ed it.

Originally posted by Maveric169
Well my post was more for the RMA so they can't say that you OC'ed it.
oh ok, thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back