Mobo for P4 HT.

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
What's a good motherboard for a P4 HT processor?

Needed features.

SATA (Raid possibly), Onboard sound would be nice, Onboard lan or dual lan.

That's about it.

I'm usually use to AMD boards but Intel boards I'm not sure what's good or not. Reason being, I'm thinking about building a P4 system for the first time in years. :)

intel makes a good no nonsense board if you are not looking to overclock.

p4p800 - stable and has lots of features (including overclock)

non deluxe has SATA raid but no firewire or ide raid

deluxe has all of it =)

---

if you want a bit more faster motherboard- go for the p4C800-- it uses the 875 chipset instead of the 865pe

I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard as well. Hence I've done some searching and found the SiS 655FX chip to be very attractive. Check this link out http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1879

I haven't found a Gigabyte manufactured one here in Korea. There aren't any noticeable difference with the other manufacturers except the onboard sound chip is different. Gigabyte uses the Realtek one. Don't know if that's better, worse, or equal to others. The most attractive thing about this, if you're not into overclocking, is its price.

i like my GigaByte GA-8IK1100 rev. 2. quite the nice board.

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8IK1100%20(Rev%202.0).htm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back