A

alp1962

why have I got a TEMP folder in C\WINDOWS and a TEMP folder in
LOCAL SETTINGS the one in C\WINDOWS does not seem to do much nowadays is it
possible that it is the TEMP folder left over from my WINS98
also why do I have cookies in the COOKIES folder and also have them in the
TEMP INTERNET FILES folder

Thank you anybody

The Temp folder in Windows is like your least favorite in-law. Everytime you think you've seen the last of it, it returns. No way to get rid of it, but you can change the default Temp folder (the one the system will use) in Environment settings. You'll still have the other one though.

is it likely it is already set as the default folder as the windows one does not seem to do much now, if not were do I find the Enviroment settings

If you haven't made any changes then the \Windows\Temp is the default temp folder.

To change the environment variable, right click on My Computer, select Properties / Advanced Tab / Environment Variables button at the bottom.

well after checking the enviroment variables it seems the TEMP folder is already the default folder in the LOCAL SETTINGS so I can only think that the settings got set when I upgraded from wins98 toXP. as this is the first time I have ever been in Enviroment Variables
So it seems that things are OK and I should just ignore the Windows\Temp folder as you say it will just return if I try and delete it
Anyway Thanks vary Much For all your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back