Mitsumi cdrw, probs in xp

W

wethridge

Due to the infamous IBM Deathstar HD crash, I went ahead and bought a new HD and upgraded to WIN XP Pro. With the reinstall of all hardware, I noticed that my Mitsumi 4802 CDRW would not burn RW's anymore. I did burn a couple of CDR's. I later upgraded XP with the lastest Service Pack. Now I can't burn anything. Nero just hangs if you go to write or simulation. I also uninstalled Nero and tried EZ CD Creator, as well as the burning program within XP. I tried rolling back the Windows install to before the SP, but it still just hangs up when trying to burn. I have turned off the burning feature in XP now and I also downloaded the latest aspi files.

I am trying to avoid buying a new burner, if possible. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Everything worked good in the old Millenium install.

Rest of sytem is as follows:
Celeron @850 MHz
256 meg, PC133 RAM
GEForce 2 MX Video CArd
60G WD HD (IDE1 Master)
SMC NIC (PCI)
ISA US Robotics 56K Modem (back up for cable modem)
Hitachi DVD/CD Drive (on IDE2 as slave)
Mitsumi 4802 CDRW (on IDE 2 as Master)
AUREAL Sound card
ZIP Drive (IDE 1 Slave)

Thanks

Do a clean install of Windows.

I'm pretty sure your CDRW drive will be working once more.

As for Deathstar crash, eh, it's not true! WD's die just as easily... IBM had that problem with the older models...which model did you have?:)

I don't remember the model, but it was a 30G, 7200RPM....
By clean install, do you mean the dreaded format c:?

I finally got everything else like I wanted it...

An older IBM. Ah. Yes, those were quite evil.

Yes...format C.

Delete everything on it, and then reinstall Windows.

It's not as that bad you know, I do it once a month.

Fixes most problems :happy:

only problem is, I have a bunch of stuff already on the hd that I would like to backup on cd before formatting...sure wish there was another way

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back