Missing System Tray Icons !

C

cyberflyer

Hi, can anyone help me i'm having trouble with my system tray icons , sometimes after booting i find icons missing and sometimes they all appear, what is the problem here , please help also on booting i get a error invalid boot .ini file booting from c windows what is this all about, but it does boot up ok ,can anyone help with this problem , thanks CYBERFLYER........:confused:

The boot.ini is the file responcible for booting your computer and should look something like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

This will boot Windows XP from the C: drive on the first partition of the first Hard Drive ie:disk(0) partition(1)

do a search for it on your system and open the contents in Notepad (make a copy before playing with it).

Your system is probably hiding inactive icons in your system tray. To find out right click on the taskbar, and select properties from the context menu that pops up. A large box should popup and you should see an option to the bottom of the box. The option is labeled "hide inactive icons". Remove the check from the box to the left of the label to display all the icons in your system tray. Or leave the check box to hide the icons after a period of time. Good luck, and hope this helps.

Eraser:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back