• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Missing mouse in Win ME

A friend has just given me a Compaq pc for my daughter,nothing special ,monitor is excellent,pc boots up ok but the mouse is not showing,I managed to get into System/Hardware and there is yellow exclamation mark next to mouse,looked in properties and it states as follows:"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the file(vmouse.VXD)for the drivers that loads the device(Code 8).To fix the problem run Windows Setup again using the Windows CD-Rom".The problem is I have not got the CD,I suspect it was pre-loaded with the machine when my friend bought it.I have started in safe mode and the mouse laoded and worked ok.Any ideas anyone.

Cheers
Mick.

L

Lee

Just remove the pointer (mouse) from hardware properties after you download the driver files from the vendor. Then install em.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
if its a oem preload, chance is the setup files are in there somewere, run a search for setup.exe and see if you find any folders with windows in em :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies