missing general and view tabs in folder options

recently i decided to uninstall roxio emc7. the registry had contained over 60 entries in hklm/software/debug. after the uninstall the entries were all gone except for two of them. one emtry was a roxio leftover. the other one is my problem. it is debug global. when i deleted this entry from the registry i found that the general and view tabs in folder options in the control panel were gone. even if i restored the registry entry the tabs did not come back. i had to do a ghost image restore. i really need some help on this. i have xp home up to date. my old pc also with xp home never had roxio on it and has no registry entries under hklm/software/debug.

upon looking further, the debug global entry in the registry dates back to when i bought the computer. so it probably has nothing to do with roxio. my system is a hp pavilion a450n. so this may be something left over from hp. i got rid of just about all of the junk that came loaded from hp. i also found some references to hklm/software/debug/global at microsoft concerning dirextx 9.0c. also something about global folders. however im still in the dark on this. it just nags at the back of my mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel