Missing drive

R

Ramanuman

Hi folks.
How is it going ?

My dad installed XP a few days ago and keeps getting problems, some of which I manage to handle, but some that are just beyond my experience.

His last one is a missing drive. Namely, his (Iomega) zip drive, which could be accessed until today, just disappeared...

Anybody familiar with that problem ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

If you are using a Zip drive connected through the parallel port you will need to download the latest XP drivers (March 2003) from Iomega and then apply a patch from the MS update site, which should then appear (using automatic updates).

Remember that this incarnation of the Zip drive is not plug-and-play so you will have to reboot your machine (with the drive switched on) so XP can read the device through the driver.

:) :) :)

Thanks a lot Dave. (And all this time I thought nobody was answering, when it seems I'd just forgotten to check the email notification box... :eek: ).

I'll transmit the info. :)

...just thinking about something else : Funny the thing did show up at first though, isn't it...

In any case, I'll try the patch and see.

Maybe you just have to re-assign the drive letters, happen to me on my cd and dvd rom drives before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back