Missing DLL

mick42

OSNN Addict
I have just run a program that detects problems on your pc(Demo),after scanning it came up with the following.Invalid Microsoft Shared File:The following was not found on your hard drive during the scan:C:\Windows\System\DBMSSHRN.DLL.Any one know how to get this back.
Cheers.
Mick.

Go to a command prompt and type

sfc /scannow

and have your XP CD ready

No Luck

DrX,thanks for the reply,I tried that and still got same,I am really a novice at this so I will describe the steps I took and you can tell me if I did it right,brought up command prompt,typed sfc/scannow,prompted to insert xp cd,this I did,and then box appeared(Windows File Protection)and "Please wait while Windows verifies that all protected files are intact and in their original versions".At the same time the xp installation box appeared which I canceled.After the check is finished I am left with just the command prompt,I typed exit and enter.Is this ok or am I doing something wrong.
Cheers
Mick.

What program are you running exactly? If it's a registry scanner then you 'should' be able to allow it to remove the invalid registry entry with no ill affects.

That file is no used or needed in windows XP, that pc doctor program seems to not be up to date hence why it thinks that file should be there. so your fine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back