minor problems with my 9600 xt

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i just got hte asus 9600xt and i've been kinda having some problems. somtimes when i press the restart button the monitor/video doesn't appear. but then when i shut it down and flip the switch near the powersupply on and off then the monitor/video works fine but im still worried why it doesn't work when i restart??

maybe u didnt stick it in well make sure u did

maybe its b/c it doesn't fit perfectly into the slot...theres like a fan near my agp slot and it barely touches one of the chip things on my gfx card....ugh but i don't wanna move the fan. its so useful in the place that its at

?

what kind of fan is it?

generally the agp port is free of obstacles... if there is contact with the card by another device and it happens to have any metal contacts or is producing stress on your card you may well lose it eventually... so you basically have to ask yourself if the fan is worth more to you than the video card...

naturally if moving the fan does not alleviate the problem there will be other avenues to try but for now try and get the fan moved and see if it helps any...

**** Another Question*

how come i can't use my card as a webcam on MSN messenger? i connect it to my camera via composite cable and when i go to audio/video tuning wizard i can see the video but then when i go to webcam settings it says it cannot detect it. i installed all the drivers that allow my pc to capture video

I have a ATI Radeon 9600XT and for some reason I get the worst frame rates in UT2K4. When I said worst I mean for part of the game I was getting 12 fps. So needless to say it is going back to the store. Something is wrong. Maybe a bad card I dont know.

need more details pk... perhaps start a new thread with what your system specs and symptoms are and where it is you are experiencing problems and the like... will be able to diagnose/help out better there...

prodj88 said:
**** Another Question*

how come i can't use my card as a webcam on MSN messenger? i connect it to my camera via composite cable and when i go to audio/video tuning wizard i can see the video but then when i go to webcam settings it says it cannot detect it. i installed all the drivers that allow my pc to capture video

do you have all pertinent ati software as well?

make sure you have all related software to enable all the features of your card downloaded...

Sazar said:
need more details pk... perhaps start a new thread with what your system specs and symptoms are and where it is you are experiencing problems and the like... will be able to diagnose/help out better there...
Ok ... for more ATI related issues click here

eh i had a problems when updating my bios. it would bsically freeze but fornutaely it didn't ruin my pc... any1 know the problem??? it just said please wait and i did for 30 min and restarted...

Are you talking about the mother board bios? Have you got NTFS as your file system?

Check out the attachment.

Attachments

• Flashing the BIOS for NonFat.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 165

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back