Minimum Half-Life Req.

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
what do you think would be the min. requirments to play half-life 2 at decent to good quality?

Hmm..did a quick search but found little on sys req.

Found this though: HL2 delayed until Holiday Season.

-----
"Today we received word from the game's publisher, Vivendi Universal, that Half-Life 2's release has been delayed until later this year. Without commenting on the delay, a Vivendi Universal representative reaffirmed that the game would ship this year, sometime during the holiday season.
------

For those angry about the delay, grab Doom3 or read a book or something.

Found this possibly unreliable info here:
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=43194

From the looks, I'd say an 2 GHz Pentium (Or equivalent Athlon). A Radeon 9x00 would be good, or a GF4Ti or better. 512MB of RAM.

My opionion, anyhow...

The HL2 delay may be a misconception, you know.

Half-Life 2 System Requirements

The full spec readout is a little loose for now and probably will be until close to the launch date for Half-Life 2, but by all accounts VALVe has implemented a scaling system that should allow the game to run on some very modest pc configurations. The following is about as low as you should go.
700mhz Processor
128 mb of RAM
64 mb Video Card
PC Gamer magazine even said, "More amazingly, HL2 will not only take advantage of the next-gen capabilities of a P4 3Ghz-level system running the newest DX9-powered 3D cards from NVIDIA and ATI, but it'll also reportedly be fully scalable all the way back to a mid-range PC running a DX6-compatable TNT card." While this remains to be seen, and trying to run Half-Life 2 on minimum specs will certainly detract from the overall experience, gamers with aging hardware may not be left out in the cold come September 30th.
Surprised? Of course the faster your machine, the better gameplay will be.

Originally posted by Codasmd

For those angry about the delay, grab Doom3 or read a book or something.

fyi.. doom3 delayed till 2004 :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back