Minimum Half-Life Req.

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
Hmm..did a quick search but found little on sys req.

Found this though: HL2 delayed until Holiday Season.

-----
"Today we received word from the game's publisher, Vivendi Universal, that Half-Life 2's release has been delayed until later this year. Without commenting on the delay, a Vivendi Universal representative reaffirmed that the game would ship this year, sometime during the holiday season.
------

For those angry about the delay, grab Doom3 or read a book or something.

Found this possibly unreliable info here:
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=43194

From the looks, I'd say an 2 GHz Pentium (Or equivalent Athlon). A Radeon 9x00 would be good, or a GF4Ti or better. 512MB of RAM.

My opionion, anyhow...

The HL2 delay may be a misconception, you know.

Half-Life 2 System Requirements

The full spec readout is a little loose for now and probably will be until close to the launch date for Half-Life 2, but by all accounts VALVe has implemented a scaling system that should allow the game to run on some very modest pc configurations. The following is about as low as you should go.
700mhz Processor
128 mb of RAM
64 mb Video Card
PC Gamer magazine even said, "More amazingly, HL2 will not only take advantage of the next-gen capabilities of a P4 3Ghz-level system running the newest DX9-powered 3D cards from NVIDIA and ATI, but it'll also reportedly be fully scalable all the way back to a mid-range PC running a DX6-compatable TNT card." While this remains to be seen, and trying to run Half-Life 2 on minimum specs will certainly detract from the overall experience, gamers with aging hardware may not be left out in the cold come September 30th.
Surprised? Of course the faster your machine, the better gameplay will be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut