minidv micromv?

Kush

High On Life!
many of my friends have minidv and micromv digital video cameras and i wanted to know what are the differences between the two standards? just quality? the size of the camera its self? or all the mircomv ones i saw were sony so maybe somthing with them? just wanted to know cuz i might be getting a dv camera soon!:happy:

the only advice i have is this..

MicroMV appears to be a sony-only technology. that reason alone would be enough to cause me to lean towards getting a MiniDV camera.

yeah

um i found out that it records in mpeg2 thats all so is that better than dv?:happy:

DV Digital Video
Mpeg2 = Standard Digital Video Compression for Cable TV, and Sat TV.

I would say that the real determiners would be how much Video can be stored and what features are importand to you.

Most of the time it's got a diffrent name and all that's really for is to not pay Royaltys to someone so they make some modifications enhance something and call it something else.

Don't be decieved by a name. Look at Microsoft's WMP's vs MP3's really no sound diffrence and a bit better compression.

VCD's are Mpeg4 / DiviX

You decide what features you like, warranty, etc., and buy it. I prefer to check out what others who've purchased the product feel about it.

Opps forgot to answer your question. Since Mpeg2 is a Digital Video compression then it's still Digital Video or DV; so they are the SAME.:cool:

Originally posted by themafia_69
many of my friends have minidv and micromv digital video cameras and i wanted to know what are the differences between the two standards? just quality? the size of the camera its self? or all the mircomv ones i saw were sony so maybe somthing with them? just wanted to know cuz i might be getting a dv camera soon!:happy:

Hey, e-mail me and I'll go over all this stuff with you... Just no time now, as I'm on my lunch break.

I work with these cams all day long and know a pretty good amount about them...

herkalees@yahoo.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back