MiniDisc recording ideas

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
i have alot of minidisc recordings that i want to transfer onto my computer, and then i also want to make minidisc's by tranfering music from my personal MP3 library. only i have one problem, the software that came with the MiniDisc player is SonicStage whcih is the most annoying branded program out there. what program would you all reccomend to take files off, put them on etc...

model: NetMD Walkman MZ-N10

well the bad thing for minidisc is you can't transfer songs from it.. or atleast what i was told. I used line out or the mic port on my soundcard ( take off the 20db thing for mic in ) and use any live audio capture program. Be sure to disable all other sounds if you use it though

Correct, you can't digitally export songs from the Minidisc to the computer.

Wrong!! You can transfer songs from an MD to the PC. However, you can only do this if the songs were originally transferred using the SonicStage.

I don't know of any other software available for transfer of songs in the ATRAC3 format except for the SonicStage software.
Also, transferring songs from your MD to PC will retain it's ATRAC3 file format. You'll need to find a way of converting it to MP3 so that you can use it with other players.

:confused: I always understood that it wasn't possible, because of copy protections etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back