Mini SD problem

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hey guys, my friend has a problem

"I have a MiniSD 1gb card that works in my phone (Audiovox SMT5600)- it will connect, transfer files, read and write just fine. But when I put thet card in my computer (through a miniSD adapter), windows will recognize the hardware, but it fails to read any files off of it. When I click on the "E:\" drive, the computer asks if I want to format it. Figuring that formating would allow the PC to read it, i clicked YES. Next an error pops saying the card is not formatable. So... any idea what I could do to access files off the card from the computer? Could it just be the adapter is faulty? I can still manipulate files through the phone, but I'd like to be able to use the card independently."

Any help?
Thanks,
Jack

I have seen where windows wont format a floppy but if I open up a command prompt and use the dos commands to format it works..

If the option presents itself, try another card reader. Or, you could get one for 20 some odd bucks at a store to try, and return it if necessary.

I had the same problem with my old hard drive which had "FAT32" on. I think the NTFS format OS tend to play up with FAT32. Im not sure though. I have tried several times to connect my old hard drive as slave and taking the documents out of it but no avail. atlast I skip the hard drive as it was no use to me anymore.

Kind Regards

Jay

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back