midtown madness 2 problem...

• Thread starter original delboy
  • Start date
O

original delboy

Now then I have an inspiron 8100/512/48hdd/ and a 1600x1200 display all was working floorless - no probs here, until the plug was pulled out the socket (while defragging...) now this totally messed things up. My profile would not load the normal settings, everytime I turned on my laptop windows would say that its giving me a temp profile to use and the settings would not be saved.

I finally managed to sort it out by backing up all my stuff...(now that took a while) just went into c:/documens settings/my username - and then copied all the stuff via cdrs.

I sucsefully formatted my laptop and have put a ntfs system on rather than a fat32 system, i began to install all my programs which took ages! But anyway it was all done - installed the sp1 pack from microsoft no probs at all.

This is where the problem starts...when I came to play midtown madness 2 and selected my vehicle there was no wheels on the car! i went through all of the vehicles and they all had no wheels, anyway i started the game to see what it would be like when in the game - the game was totally mashed! The screen was all messed up and there were great big which looked like 'blocks' in the game. I went into game options and in the display (towards the top) it said Dell 8100...shouldn't it say n'gforc2 go..?? in the render tab i tried to select the hardware with 3d video card which also made no difference.

My main concern is that all was fine before i formatted it - all i have done different is that i have loaded the sp1 pack could that be the cause??? just its a bit strange that in the graphic options id doesn't say anything about the geforce 2 go..and its not there to be selected.

I have played max payne and that works fine.

What you reckon folks.....

The problem you have is a known MM2 issue. I'm surprised it wasn't doing this before. Anyway, you need a Geforce patch which can be found at many PC game crack/cheat sites. Incidentally, this same patch allows you to play without having to insert the CD... a benefit :)

FYI: Your symptoms happened to me too and that patch fixed it.

scriptasylum

do you know where I can get this patch from m8?

Um, I don't remember where I got it now :rolleyes: Old age I guess.

I believe I just poked around those game cheats/patches sites and downloaded a few.

The patches are usually just a replacement for the main game executable. I simply renamed the original and tried the fixed version until I got one that works.

I did a quick search and found this:

http://www.computergamers.com/patches/m.htm

Note: While this one worked for me on my last mobo (GA-7DX), my new mobo (GA-7VRXP) didn't like it. I had to try a few of my other patches and one finally worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back