Microwave isp. speed tweak?

k5blazer

Rough but Ready
I don't know if this goes here but just got this new isp. got microwave wireless using alvarion. would like to know how to max the speed out of this ?
Moved and had cable isp. sure seemed alot faster ? Stats reports 10mbs ??

AMD 2400+ 1 Gig Ram 2Gig hd Nv MB lighton DVD burner Pioneer comb. Teac power amp for speakers 2 X 6" and 8" Speakers

what are the caps of your connection? 10mbps seems high, or is that just what you LAN connection is reporting?

j79zlr said:
what are the caps of your connection? 10mbps seems high, or is that just what you LAN connection is reporting?

I'm new at this what are capsof your con I'm running XP PRO the network con shows that I would like to know the real speed ?

Thanks

You should have a cap rate given by your ISP. Something like 1500kbps download and 384kbps upload. I haven't dealt with any microwave-typpe connections. One well to guess at your caps is to run a speed test and post the results. http://chi.speakeasy.net

I run the broadband test it came up download speed at 494 kbps.
upload speed 120 kbps .
that sounds pretty good but still seems slow compared to what I was used to the cable
Thank you

ok, your cable probably was significantly faster. I would guess from that that you are either 512 or 768kbps download and 128kbps upload.

Post a TCP analyzer test here, MTU section on down. http://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back