Microsoft word 2002 locking up my PC...

K

killabee44

Hi all,

I am running windows xp pro. I recently installed office xp pro on my pc. Whenever I open up Word, all is ok until I click on anything. Then my whole system completely freezes and I have to reboot manually or turn off my pc. I cant even use word to edit my emails in Outlook because the same thing happens.

Does anyone have a clue as to the cause?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Killabee44

ram...

512 mb athlon 750 mhz 133mhz ram chips, all other programs work perfectly. I still cant figure this out.

thats weird...

try reinstalling word and/or if you have norton antivirus 2002 running, disable the office plugin in the advanced options in norton.

see if that helps....good luck

Some progress...

Ok,

I disabled the office option for Norton. It definitely helped. Now I can open Word and use it normally (as far as I can tell) without it locking up on me (with Outlook set to NOT use word as my email editor).

If I enable Word as my email editor in Outlook, and leave norton office option enabled, Word will lock up on me automatically as I enter the program to edit my emails AND by opening the prog by itself.

Weird. So far word ALWAYS locks up when using it as my email editor whether norton office option is on or off.

It only locks up when starting it by itself, when you have the office option ON in Norton.

I still want to find out what the problem is, but at least I can use Word, even though i cant edit emails with it.

Thanks for your assistance Black_Pride. I will keep looking for answers... It looks like now Im on the right track.

Killabee44

Are you using Norton 2002, because any other version is not compatable with Windows XP.

Some earlier builds do not work well with XP however...

I forgot which build is the one that works well, you might wanna check something out about your build of Norton 2002...

Version...

I am using version 8.07.17C. I always check for updates though. I would think that any bugs would be worked out with the updates.

Killabee44

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back