Microsoft Virtual Machine

K

kuvve

Same problem with virtual Machine..update adress wont do it etc etc.
I read some posts on the forum, some of them with links where u can download the virtual machine, but: I use XP Pro and the files on those links r only for 98/95/nt..

who can help?

The frontpage, just below where it gives you instuctions on how to joni the chat channel. The link will not go down cos its on this server.

Virtual Machine is Windows OS version independant. Its an additional component for Internet Explorer.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Microsoft Virtual Machine is what he was after tho, Microsoft have removed it themselves.

I know he was. I was only telling him those links would have worked fine too. Virtual Machine is Windows-OS version independant, as he mentioned he found links in this forum which were "only for 98/95/nt.."

Those links mentioned in previous threads in this forum would have worked for him. :D

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

about that VM it's not in court anymore so...how come it's not available yet on MS web site ? I did installed it following the link found here and since then most of my usual web sites are not what they were....not fair man :mad:

??

I guess u did something wrong then, it worked out fine with me

sun java

go to sun java they own java and they have what you need ...... who needs vm ........

Seem to remember reading.....

That the new MS Virtual Machine will be incorporated in the new SP1.... Now much use for you now though!

Ditto

Originally posted by beatlesdb
Why use the Out-dated Virtual Machine when u can get the latest version of the Java engine from it's creators: http://java.sun.com/getjava/ Works great with IE. :D

works like a charm why bother with bill hacked/stolen vm

when you can get the real deal for free

I have tried both of these solutions however, I get page stacking errors when I try to go to some pages like flipside wordox, Also when I try to install the j2re-1_4_0_01-windows-i586 update ( the windows update for java) it gets to the end of the installation and says I have dll's missing. I have a full new XP installation, where am I going wrong?

robin: would be interesting to see if that happens, as it was removed from windowsupdate and I don't think any of the current betas contain JVM/

flipside

Originally posted by Hadel
I have tried both of these solutions however, I get page stacking errors when I try to go to some pages like flipside wordox, Also when I try to install the j2re-1_4_0_01-windows-i586 update ( the windows update for java) it gets to the end of the installation and says I have dll's missing. I have a full new XP installation, where am I going wrong?

I might be wrong but a friend of mine had trouble with flipside on winxp pro also , I dont use flipside games, as for the java not installing properly I dont know maybe if you save to disk and dont use the web installer or vice -verca , I have a copy of microsofts vm if you like I can email it to you ?

That very well may be the problem, I have had xp on before but only as an upgrade, never on its own. I have downloaded the microsoft virtua machine several times and for some obscure reason at the end of installation it says a 95w.dll is missing, I have no problems with java anywhere else yahoo, pogo.com etc. I may just have to learn to live with the problem, or wait until they change their java in-line with everyone else. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Um, guys....

Microsoft has pulled support for Virtual Machine because they are in litigation with Sun MicroSystems. Sun has their version of Virtual Machine up for download at http://java.sun.com . It's pretty good, give it a try.

MS Virtual Machine is already available at the Windows Update site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back