Microsoft Uses Cracked Software!!

_kC_

OSNN Senior Addict
c:\WINDOWS\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav\WMPAUD1.WAV

open that file with any hex editor, take a look at the bottom, it was made using a cracked version of soundforge! :eek:

pic attached,but dont takemy word for it, open yoru own wavs in hex editor;)

Microsoft should get in some serious trouble for this, surely they will not get away with piracy.. how much money have they made with windows???? and they couldnt even buy a £100-200 Sound editor

pretty sickening, surely sonic foundry, or now SONY who own this product could get some nice compensations;)

it was an old cracker group called "Radium"

Attachments

• hexpic.gif
    hexpic.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 599
howd u figure this out? u were that bored?

i didnt figure it, seen some people chattin about it on irc..

search for that nick on google
deepz0ne

3rd link i see

Read the !@?# manual
... <Sandor> Yes actually. At first it was just Deepz0ne and myself, and we released
together a little number of programs like soundforge cd architect. ...
www.readthe****ingmanual.info/ index.php?fuseAction=articleDetail&article_id=48&rubric_id=33

the url has swearing in it so cannot be pasted here cos forum automatically changes it to ****

or another link here
http://www.midiwarez.net/oldsite/interviews/oxyinterview.htm

i know i was just jokin around dude, sorry if i offended u

Hmm, thinking about it...there is a possibility that the file could have been created by an employee on his personal machine, and then integrated into the build. I find it really hard to believe that any corporation of that size would be using pirated software on internal work machines. I'd really like to find out the true story somehow though.

well no matter how it happened..parts of windows (maybe there is more) are created using pirated software, doesnt matter if it was on their internal network or not... well spread the news enough and maybe we will get an answer:)

I'm with NetRyder on this one, it's likely it's a 'personal' thing rather than a corporation wide pirated copy of SoundForge, although I'm certainly interested to hear more about it :)

ive phoned the story too a few news pages today, hopefully they can investigate further:)

holy ****...mine says the same thing!

it also says it for all of the wavs in the folder.

Now come on. Which company doesnt use cracked software when they have a huge pipe and need the stuff faster then the license arrives?

MS has been caught with pirate software before, usually while sueing others for unlicensed use of windows or office :p

so does that mean we get to buy fake copies of windows off the streets now?

maybe it's just the signature of who originally created the program and MS bought it off them and kept that in there, kinda like partition magic it's for powerquest but symantec bought it off them, or like how bmw bought mini

FishBoy said:
so does that mean we get to buy fake copies of windows off the streets now?
No.

maybe it's just the signature of who originally created the program and MS bought it off them and kept that in there, kinda like partition magic it's for powerquest but symantec bought it off them, or like how bmw bought mini
Sorry, that doesn't make much sense.
tongue.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back