Microsoft Uses Cracked Software!!

All the wavs in that folder say deepz0ne but that does not mean anything.
Just because you do a search and it comes to some cracker does not mean this is what MS did.
WHy would they do that as if they wanted they could by the whole company?

The reviewer here has the same name that appears in the files but I don't think he is a hacker.

American Zombie said:
All the wavs in that folder say deepz0ne but that does not mean anything.
Just because you do a search and it comes to some cracker does not mean this is what MS did.
WHy would they do that as if they wanted they could by the whole company?

The reviewer here has the same name that appears in the files but I don't think he is a hacker.

strange that deepz0ne cracked sound forge v4.5.... ;)
dont even try too stick up for microsoft theyve been caught welland truly with their pants down

Uh oh M$ better come up with a story. This has just hit the frontpage of /. :D

_kC_ said:
strange that deepz0ne cracked sound forge v4.5.... ;)
dont even try too stick up for microsoft theyve been caught welland truly with their pants down
Some info for you in case you did not know....the name you see in a wav file is the person who produced or authored the wav file.

Would you say someone who works for Sourceforge hacks?
Taken from the member list.

American Zombie said:
Some info for you in case you did not know....the name you see in a wav file is the person who produced or authored the wav file.

Would you say someone who works for Sourceforge hacks?
Taken from the member list.
Did you find that nick via a search or did you confuse "sourceforge" with "soundforge"? :p I think it's possible for more then 1 person online to be using the nick "deepz0ne".

Xie said:
Uh oh M$ better come up with a story. This has just hit the frontpage of /. :D
Oh boy...really not the best place for such news.
laugh.gif

Now you'll have the /.-ers going OMGZ!!11 M$ r t3H sUx0Rzzzz!!1!

NetRyder said:
Oh boy...really not the best place for such news.
laugh.gif

Now you'll have the /.-ers going OMGZ!!11 M$ r t3H sUx0Rzzzz!!1!
Like this ? :D

Xie said:
Hahaha, aren't they so predictable?
tongue.gif

Oh well, with /. being such a huge site, it should probably generate enough buzz for us to get some kind of real/official answer.

NetRyder said:
No.

Sorry, that doesn't make much sense.
tongue.gif
like you know when a company buys the idea of another company? maybe that's what they did

Xie said:
I think it's possible for more then 1 person online to be using the nick "deepz0ne".
Exactly my point, thanks :)
Just because the wav was authored by deepz0ne does not mean it was the one who was or is a hacker. ;)

American Zombie said:
Exactly my point, thanks :)
Just because the wav was authored by deepz0ne does not mean it was the one who was or is a hacker. ;)
Anything is possible. Also should be cracker not hacker .. sorry to be picky but is a world of difference and bothers me sometimes. :p

Microsoft Pirates

looks like this was already posted...
hehe

sorry dudes!

I just found this absolutely insane article. too funny. check it out!!

"An anonymous reader writes "German PC-Welt magazine reports that Microsoft used an illegal copy of SoundForge 4.5 (Google translation) for editing Wave files shipped with Windows Media Player. You can check that yourself by opening any file in the [Windows location] \Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav\ folder in notepad or other editors of your choice and looking at the last line. There you will find a reference to SoundForge 4.5 and also a user called 'Deepz0ne' who happens to be one of the founders of an audio software cracking group called Radium."
:eek:

It is unclear if Microsoft took the file off of a royalty-free sound effects library, outsourced its sound editing to someone with an illegal copy or used a warez version of SoundForge itself.
So many possibilities...and all of them are quite plausible.

Well it's on this German web-site, slashdot and The Register (UK), I'm just awaiting a statement from Microsoft regarding the matter :)

does microsoft even know of the issue? how will they release a statement if they dont knoq about it?

themafia_69 said:
does microsoft even know of the issue? how will they release a statement if they dont knoq about it?
It has reached big "geek" sites like /. they will know soon enough if they don't already (I don't see how they couldn't).

'Bladierfelt' (his commercial name is 'Bill Brown) composed the samples for microsoft who was sub-contracted to do them. Then was released into retail editions of windows from microsoft. 'Bill brown' is the composer and musician
responsible for the sample bytes.

So the original story is sort of right but a little out of context. I suppose though when it comes down to black & white, they did use a Radium version to edit their samples redardless of any work sub-contracted through a 3rd party.
The composers website . . . Check Item 11
http://billbrownmusic.com/scorecentralBILLBROWN_PRT1.htm#WinXP"
:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back