Microsoft Touts Windows Vista-Ready Hardware and Software

Coolio. Looking forward to trying out both IE7 and WMP11.

WMP11 rocks. Haven't really had any issues with the beta, but I'm looking forward to the final release. :)

WMP11 rocks. Haven't really had any issues with the beta, but I'm looking forward to the final release. :)

iTunes 7 has generally been a pain in the ass. For some reason if I move its program folder in the start menu it starts a new installation and creates the folder again. It's also been crashing with the album art view. And I also get another weird error where if I've been listening to some music for an hour or so...some tracks start sounding distorted.

Somebody figure out a way to use WMP11 with an iPod please :)

CNET says new features found in iTunes 7 were ripped off from WMP11 =)

iTunes 7 has generally been a pain in the ass. For some reason if I move its program folder in the start menu it starts a new installation and creates the folder again. It's also been crashing with the album art view. And I also get another weird error where if I've been listening to some music for an hour or so...some tracks start sounding distorted.

Somebody figure out a way to use WMP11 with an iPod please :)

Did you download the update to 7.0 that was released a week or two after 7.0 was released? Sucks that it caused problems for PC users, I love 7.0 compared to prior versions.

CNET says new features found in iTunes 7 were ripped off from WMP11 =)

Yup. Who came to the market first is what counts though. Watch people start saying WMP 11 ripped it off from iTunes.

It's a never ending battle. =)

Is there a compatible Codec pack? I can't seem to get WMP11 to play anything other than wmv files.

Is there a compatible Codec pack? I can't seem to get WMP11 to play anything other than wmv files.
I usually use WMP just for music (and VLC for video), so I'm not sure.
Doesn't ffdshow work? I thought I remembered installing it on an older Vista build and was able to play some xvid files in WMP11...

Coolio. Looking forward to trying out both IE7 and WMP11.

You won't have a choice of "trying" after the new year. MS will force all users to upgrade to IE7 through Windows/MSUpdate (including autoupdate) a few weeks after the public release. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back