Microsoft to Target Pirates With Vista SP1 Update

chastity

Staff member
Political Access
Microsoft will take the fight to pirates with new security features in Vista SP1

Windows Vista operating system. The company released a release candidate version of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows Vista in mid-November. SP1 is supposed to address a number of performance-related issues with Vista and includes a number of security update and bug fixes that have been rolled out since the operating system launched over a year ago.

In addition to the previously mentioned SP1 features, Microsoft is looking to make pirating Vista a tougher endeavor. The Redmond, Washington-based company says that new measures introduced with SP1 will further reduce piracy -- piracy for Vista is already less than half that of Windows XP according to Microsoft.

The rest is via the source

Source
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9896

I highly doubt this going to do much to stop piracy but going to cause headaches

There always will be a workaround...

Vista is has half the piracy cause a lot of people do not like it.

I love it. :)

There always will be a workaround...

Vista is has half the piracy cause a lot of people do not like it.

I love it. :)

if you look in the news section you will see i have made a simular statement - about half as many ppl using it that is :D

I'm confused. I thought VISTA was pirate proof. XP had the Corp Beta out there that was childs play to get a copy of and a key for.

Did I miss a major leak report for VISTA? All I've seen is the 1 year activation delay of the trial versions. That hardly counts as being able to pirate a copy of VISTA since it eventually dies.

The OEM bios exploit works, from what I've heard....

actually, they specifically singled out the BIOS exploit as one they were closing in SP1.

There are reports, however, that if WGA says you are a pirated copy, it gives you the option to get a valid license of Home Premium for half off.. Which means, if you want to buy Vista, pirate a copy first, wait for WGA to say it's not valid, then get a legitimate copy for half off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back