Microsoft to launch Expression Studio in 2007

Do you think Microsoft will make the difference with this new Studio

• Total voters

deboz

just wait till I finish
Wow! As a developer (as we all are), here comes a new Website Development environment- this time by, probably, the most successful company-Microsoft!

Looks like a come back from archaic Frontpage to this brand new Studio which wants to "compete" with Adobe/Macromedia.
I for one, am looking forward to seeing the demos of Expression, so as to see what it will provide. I have a good feeling that it's gonna really compete with Adobe, but I suppose - in my oppinion- that we all are too use to Adobe to really trust Microsoft although some of us already love Asp.Net, vB and Visual Studio.
This is another world for us developers! What u guys think about this?

Please take my poll if ur intrested to.....

link to full article on Expression Studio:
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3647011

link to Expression Website:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/default.mspx

Last edited:
I don't think they will be able to out do Adobe with this suite. It'll take some effort. I do, however, think it is way better than FrontPage was (I used the beta).

It seems like a good effort, but I dont think I will be ditching Visual Studio 2005 with ASP.NET 2.0 on C# code.

It had better be more advanced than Frontpage..

It seems like a good effort, but I dont think I will be ditching Visual Studio 2005 with ASP.NET 2.0 on C# code.

It had better be more advanced than Frontpage..
Well it's definately Microsoft so i'm thinking that Expression will wrk with .Net Framework as it's backbone and maybe even provide the Asp.net environment. I'm thinking that they want to appeal to a more visual approach to Web Dev; jus like how the may Vista look great. but i sure don't think it's all pretty looks!

The trial versions are available on the site i mention above. get a looksy for ya self.

Looks like it does use ASP. I see ASP server tags in this screenshot here. Looks like they used this program to build their dummy-site, Fabrikam.

standards00_450x253.jpg

Hmm.. it is basically a web-only Visual Studio 2005, as far as I can see.

however two of the best upgrades it has gotten seems to be the ability for design mode to preview the page in the IE7 engine, not IE6. I use a lot of PNG's (screw those who lag behind in browser tech.. ha) and its annoying to build a site and need to continually view it in the browser to make sure its actually going to look like it should.

Also, it seems to be very CSS capable. I dislike using CSS in VS2005, it isn't very well integrated and it doesn't do any IntelliSense, but Expression does.

Hmm.. it is basically a web-only Visual Studio 2005, as far as I can see.

however two of the best upgrades it has gotten seems to be the ability for design mode to preview the page in the IE7 engine, not IE6. I use a lot of PNG's (screw those who lag behind in browser tech.. ha) and its annoying to build a site and need to continually view it in the browser to make sure its actually going to look like it should.

Also, it seems to be very CSS capable. I dislike using CSS in VS2005, it isn't very well integrated and it doesn't do any IntelliSense, but Expression does.
I haven't gotten the demo as yet. I can't wait to try it out (just because it's new). remember that's its an entire suite -Expression Web, Design,Blend and Media. You tried these other Beta's yet?

From what I gather it is out of the same division that publishes Visual Studio.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back