Microsoft Tilt Wheel Mouse

chris

Free to Fly
A while back someone posted about binding the tilt wheel on one of the new Microsoft mice. Anyone know if it can be done? I'm looking to bind it in Enemy Territory if that helps, good ol' Quake engine.

Any help is appreciated.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Bought myself a tilt mouse about a month ago but totally forgot about those buttons about 10 minutes after I got it all installed!

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
The one thing I don't like about it, and I am talking about the intellimouse explorer 2.0 is that mouse wheel is very very sensitive.

the mouse itself is alot more sensitive and thats fantastic. it zips around, makes me twice as good as CS.
But if I use the mousewheel to switch weapons it can take me a couple of seconds, which is a pain in the arse as
a) I might have a knife out and be trying to flick it uselessly onto my colt
b) I buy a colt and need to switch to a knife, as you run faster with a knife - fumbling means I lose a couple of all crucial steps.

chris

Free to Fly
I probably have same mouse, I got the Desktop Elite set with keyboard as well. With the mouse, I've noticed the middle button scrolling is alot more sensitive as well, alot more. Switching weapons is most affected as you sometimes flip past the one you want.

Got used to it now, just.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Yeah, I picked mine up for £55 at Amazon.

Also so the elite executive down at staples.
The mouse had leather on it I tell thee.
Was hoping mine would too, but sadly no.

chris

Free to Fly
Heh probably :)

Someone must be working on drivers, or software that isnt ****e like the software that comes with it.

Guess i'll have to keep my eyes and ears open to it

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Yeah, I am just bitching tho, my old mousewheel use to have a tiny little click for each switch making it very easy, this new one is just too smooth :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut