Microsoft takes a swipe at Apple's "I'm a Mac" ads

Nice, hehe

Like you, we've seen a number of spoofs of the "I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" ads. But most of them just make fun of the whole concept, rather than take on Apple, or a particular Apple product, directly. Well, Microsoft's just produced yet another rather clever parody pitting a Zune-toting PC with an iPod-carrying Mac, and apparently screened the ad at a recent company meeting. The sticking point is how "difficult" it is to get music onto the iPod versus how "simple" it is on the Zune. Not that we think the iPod is a paragon of usability, but we can't not bring up the fact that we'd love to see Microsoft live up to its claim and really make getting music as easy as pushing a single button. Anyway, you can catch the video on the next page.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/13/microsoft-takes-a-swipe-at-apples-im-a-mac-ads/

that was quite good :), as long as you can find someone else with a Zune

It's all good fun :D

Now for Apple to take this to the next level...

It's all good fun :D

Now for Apple to take this to the next level...
and there it is after all

the nt os wouldn't exist if not for apple, a 64 bit wouldn't erxist if not for intels concentration on clock speed, a dual core wouldn't exist if not for competition between companies

thank goodness for one upsmanship and competition

Last edited:
ATTENTION - POSSIBLE THREAD HIJACK ;)

I still havn't figured out why people pick a side. They both have benefits and costs.

I certainly wouldn't be looking to run a server with Mac software. It has not been built for that purpose.

I wouldn't recommend a Citrix solution if it doesn't fit the client's needs and budget.

Personally I prefer a Windows build on my work laptop with several VMWARE instances of non-Windows Operating systems in order to support my client's servers. They have a few 'advantages' over Windows XP for some Wintel (Windows) solutions we support. I wouldn't recommend it, it's just, what I need.

Anybody demonstrating a bias is simply an idiot. I'm saving right now to get a pretty mac laptop for the sig. other..... ... I'll start a thread to get recommendations when the savings account reaches it's desired level.

Why? She thinks it's pretty. Good enough 4 me yo ! Plus, I get to play with it, and set it up. Woot.

Those commercials suck. The Mac dude needs a serious beating IMO. Not for what he says mind you..... he just needs a whack or two.

I don't think I'll fall for this Zune, I bought the new 4 gig model IPOD - why? it's tiny ! For my needs, it's perfect. See? NO BIAS PEOPLE.

Fanboys suck, attempted HIJACK over. :)

but presumably if you just share songs like that the RIMPAA monster will come looking for you and get the NRA monster to shoot your zune.

That guy who's trying to put songs on the iPod needs to get his own machine and stop sponging off his friend ;) :p

Mac = Apple = iPod

or is that too far a stretch?
The iPod is an mp3 player, Macs are computers.
Zunes aren't Windows are they? They're Microsoft.

So yes, there is a difference, and it's too far a stretch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back