Microsoft Security Essentials & NOD32

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Should i have both installed? I run NOD32 and love it, but MSE seems not run very heavy and i probably wont notice it...any thoughts?

all you need to care about is whether or not it makes a noticable impact on you doing things. Since I'm running MSE at the moment I can tell you it does not.

MSE uses the Forefront client security AV engine which is up there with Nod32 and Kaspersky AV in terms of usefulness.

I have used NOD32 for the last year, I have 2 years left on my subscription. I was having issues with them, so I did not reinstall it. Instead I am using MSE and it for sure uses less resources, and seems to do a great job. And as for free between MSE and AVG, AVG is good but I would rather have a Microsoft program with a Microsoft OS.

no problems here on x64 with NOD, but there are bound to be a few issues with win7 atm, till they get ironed out :)

I've got NOD and MSE on my laptop... not noticed any impact on performance. However, I have noticed one would throw up warning messages about detecting trojans etc on one website and the other throwing up warnings on another website.
Not sure if Spybot does this silently (on my other pc) because it's never given me any warning messages like these two. :p

I have been using MSE for about a week now and I have seen no performance issues with it. I will probably go back to NOD32 in a month or so just because of my subscription with them, but I am really enjoying MSE.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back