Microsoft Releases Windows Vista Performance and Reliability Updates (Officially!)

Re: Microsoft Releases Windows Vista Performance and Reliability Updates (Officially!

yeah.. saw these and applied them to my vista install. To be honest, haven't seen that much noticable improvment in speed (although, I just reloaded Vista in the last week). The actual KB articles don't exist yet though.. They still haven't totally fixed my file copy issues (it shouldn't sometimes take 20+ minutes to copy a 52MB file to a network share when XP only takes me <30sec)

Here are the actual KB articles that provide a little more detail.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB938979/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB938194/en-us

Re: Microsoft Releases Windows Vista Performance and Reliability Updates (Officially!

Thanks, I will have to give them a go and see...

hmm.. It's not showing up on Windows Update. I think I'll wait until it does... I'm quite happy with the performance so far. :)

I had the beta versions of these patches through Connect, and had been waiting for the final bits.

Installed these on my Tablet earlier today, and they definitely improve the speed of large file operations (copy/move/delete). That was one of my biggest peeves with Vista since RTM, and it's good to scratch off one more thing from the list of annoyances. :)

Nice one Matt - reps on their way!

Why aren't these updates automatically installed ?

They should appear on windows update on patch tuesday.

Which is next Tuesday.

It might be me, but I think the one patch resolves Explorer's forgetfullness.

That article is wrong. I installed 6 security related updates, 11 in all.

Never mind. I read it wrong.

Last edited:

Don't you DARE talk about Mary Jo like that! :smoker:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back