News Microsoft Releases Final Version of Windows Phone 7 SDK to Developers

Microsoft released the final version of the brand new Windows Phone 7 SDK to developers this morning, including Foursquare, Pandora, Twitter and Netflix.

Microsoft will also be opening its equivalent of the iTunes Store, the Windows Phone Marketplace, in early October to begin accepting submissions. It's likely that the Marketplace will feature around 5,000 apps at launch, compared to Android's currently tally of over 50,000, and over 250,000 apps on the iTunes Store.

The initial range of Windows Phone 7 handsets is expected to be announced at an open house event in New York on October 11, and devices are expected to hit the retail market towards the end of October.

Source: Neowin.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't even seen this live yet but I know they're paying developers to write apps, I'm surprised therea re only 5000 so far

not too many people are gonna give up their iphone or even their windows 6 until they get more app content

looks like a great phone though

Yeah it's crazy, the headstart that Apple has with its Apps will make it very difficult for any of the others to catch up now. Windows Phone 7 just sounds too wordy as well - my mom can work out what an iPhone is but if I tried to tell her that she should get a phone running Windows Phone 7 she wouldn't know what I was on about. That's the casual ownership market that Apple have sewn up in a bag right now.

Yeah it's crazy, the headstart that Apple has with its Apps will make it very difficult for any of the others to catch up now. Windows Phone 7 just sounds too wordy as well - my mom can work out what an iPhone is but if I tried to tell her that she should get a phone running Windows Phone 7 she wouldn't know what I was on about. That's the casual ownership market that Apple have sewn up in a bag right now.

The real player coming up is Android phones. Anyone that isn't writing apps for Apple products are going to start making them for Android handsets now that they are outselling iPhones. MS messed up big and are in big trouble if paying to have apps made can't even get people motivated to make them.

I think Windows Phone 7 may draw a lot of the business users from Blackberry as 7 will integrate seamlessly into the functionality of their Windows and Office applications.

As for your "normal" user it may not do that well as they tend to just go with what everyone else is buying at that moment.

windows still has a following, if this phone is as good as android or iphone expect a comeback

the only thing that's giving me pause is the fact that they are so far behind on content, but android was the same

developers are reluctant because the amount ms is paying gets dwarfed by a hit on the other phones, there is no reason to invest time in an app for a phone that's not on the market yet, the return doesn't match the time invested

this is a wait and see, sprint gives me my phones for free, I'll probably be first on board with this, though they might force me into a bigger plan then I need and if they do that I'll stay with 6

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back