Microsoft Plans to Offer Anti-Spyware Program

wadada

OSNN Senior Addict
Last week, Bill Gates announced that Microsoft is planning to develop software to combat the growing problem of "spyware," programs placed surreptitiously on users' computers to collect information and send it back to a company for marketing research purposes or even to a hacker for malicious purposes. Microsoft had already bought a company that makes anti-virus software and has been expected to offer an AV solution, and many critics have said that the company should build anti-virus, anti-spam and anti-spyware technology into the operating system, although companies that make third-party products may not be as happy about the idea.

See news about the announcement

here

Wonder if it will be free or subscription?

They used to offer network solutions antivirus on windows 95 and (aol as an internet provider).

Will they end up in court again, if they bundle it in the install or even if they make it available for download.

I'd really like to see what they can do, although I highly doubt it'll be an integrated solution, since that would most definitely lead to more lawsuits.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back