microsoft patches

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
What is wrong with microsoft ,
cant they write code properly? look at all the up dates XP has had since it was made avalable to the public.

i think MR Gates should re name his company to the "Patch Co"
and use the slogan "how many patches do you want to day"
and not "where do you want to go today"

i think iam goign to ditch microsoft.... and use Linux @ least that O/S is better and way more secure.

anyone here agree with me?

surge have to agree but the average joe probably could not load any flavor of linux...and you gotta love the cmd line...no are you sure you want to del # next thing you know the whole thing is gone...I say give it a few more yrs to make it as easy and compatible with M$ and you betcha I'm converting...and best of all my kids love the games on redhat:D just need to convince my wife to convert....diehard windows fan.its easy and she knows how to use it...:mad:

Disagree

Linux has tons and tons of patches too. Modern operating systems are so complex that it would be impossible to release something stable. I think XP is the most stable windows I have used since 98SE. Just my opinion... I had both linux linux and windows installed until a week ago when I got my new system.. I'm struggling to just get windows working on it right now... if I find out its a windows problem I'll reverse my current viewpoint and go back to damning microsoft :)

i know Roshambo

but when linux gets updated its mainly the Kernal thats updated

xp is the only damn windows os that i know to have so many updates come out so often , i never had this trouble with 98,

i know XP is stable and more stable than 98, ive never had a crash with XP *fingers crosed* yet, but its gettin to be so long winded when i have re installed xp there is way to many updates to download, and i dont know where to get them all so i can put them on CD ,

I cant wate until next week when i get DSL at least the updates will be quicker.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back