Microsoft Outlook's Notify Recieved Message problem

zapoqx

Striking Master
I know you all know about the whole "This reciepient wants a notification of recieve. Would you like to send this notification?"

I accedentally chose Yes and I didn't want that. Now it is trying to send a notification and I don't know where to look to cancel it because the thing is that currently, it is trying to send an out notification on a mail account that the smtp has been down for quite sometime because it is my school's account (they are still fixing it up because of spam control and all).

Any help would be greatly appreaciated as to fixing this problem. I have tried deleting the e-mail, taking off the account and then re-adding it after restarting the outlook program and nothing. Thanks in advance!

If you are talking about read receipts, which I think you are, you need to turn them off within your options.

From Outlook, click the Tools menu -> Options
On the Preferences tab, select E-mail Options, then Tracking Options.
On the bottom of that menu, choose to ask or never send.

Does that help?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back