Microsoft Outlook

C

CART

I once saw on the internet where a person could have Microsoft Outlook open at all times in the system tray. By typing commands in the registry it would always be open and ready to receive Email. Does anyone have the way to do this?

Thanks!
CART:)

Not sure how to do that, but I wanted to say,

WELCOME TO NTFS.ORG, CART!

:blink:

Hmmm.. should be easy

First of all, outlook is a huge resource hog, so be careful. Anything under 256mb, i'd wouldn't run it in the background. Second of all we are talking about Outlook, not Outlook Express.
One my version of Outlook a icon is already in the taskbar, all I have to do it right click it, select something like "show in taskbar only", than everytime i minimze the outlook window it goes into the taskbar. If this doesn't apply to you, i saw on the ScreenSavers once how they did it, via the regedit. Just goto www.techtv.com/screensavers and search for outlook or whatever.

Enjoy,

--- WELCOME Cart ----

You may want to check out this program..... Magic Mail Monitor ........

Magic Mail Monitor
Sometimes you might not want to leave OE running, but would still like notification of new mail. And it's sometimes nice to be able to see mail message headers before you actually download the messages themselves. Then there are those times when someone sends you a 9Mb file that you don't want to download. For those and similar occasions, I use Magic Mail Monitor. This very small program (only 71K to download in zip format) sits in the system tray and checks for mail from any number of POP3 accounts on any schedule you configure. You can view just headers, or delete headers from the server, or double-click a message to download it and read it as either a text file (*.txt) or an OE message file (*.eml). You can also create multiple profiles with different accounts and settings. And best of all, it is 100% free.

To minimize Outlook to the systray go to this registry key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Preferences]

and create a new dword with the name

MinToTray and the value 0x00000001 (1)

YoYo has it... I run Outlook in the tray all the time. I dont think its a hugh resource hog. Hell I can play UT while it sits there.

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
YoYo has it... I run Outlook in the tray all the time. I dont think its a hugh resource hog. Hell I can play UT while it sits there.

I run Outlook XP (on taskbar - not tray, im gonna give that reg tweak a go when I get home :p) while playing Q3CTFS and UTiCTF - no resource l33ch at all

i get a feeling its another 16bit vs 32bit scenario... some ppl says 32bit lags, some say it doesnt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back