Microsoft Outlook

N

Not Bman

I just Installed Office, I had Outlook working like right away, now its not send/recieving my emails, the server provider is not down!

Anybody know :confused: ??

Do you receive an error message when you click send/receive?

Have you added anything else after office?
Firewall - antivirus?

Ummm, ooook...wanna share with us what that error is, we could probably help you out a lil more.

Make sure you Incoming and Outgoing POP servers are correct.

i had it working like before, it just started doing that

Have you called your ISP to see if they're having any mail server problems?

Ahhh... seen this one before ... the mail server is not allowing you to send on mail, but you may be able to receive mail giving you the "not a gateway" error - you need to check with your ISP - we had Unix mail server at office that gave me the same error until I added my IP to it.

Mmm....

Couple of questions....

1. Does this only happen when you send mail to a certain person/buisness?

2. When you go into Tools->e-mail account->view->change then click 'Test account Settings' , do you get and crosses?

If you don't and you recieve the test message back it may not be an error on your side, it could be the recipients ISP/Gateway/Firewall etc....

4 things you need to send and recieve email in Outlook. The POP3 server name, the SMTP server name, the username for the account and the password for that account. According to the error you showed it is your outbound mail that is having the problem. I assume you can recieve mail, if this is the case then when you are trying to send email is the only issue. If so it can be 1 of 2 reasons. Either you have the incorrect information in for your SMTP server (also do not check "My server requires secure password authentication' or 'My server requires authentication') and / or you are trying to do relaying. Relaying is when you are connected to an IP not allowed to send mail thru the email server you have specified in you account settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back