Microsoft Office XP Standard

J

julies37

Not sure if Iam in the right place for posting this question, if not please excuse me, new to this.
Have just bought and installed Microsoft Office XP Standard. Installation when well all up and running exept having problems with my e-mail. I was using outlook express to send and receive e-mail I now want to use Microsoft Outlook. When I click read mail the Microsoft page comes up but I cant send or receive my mail from here. I have sat not for about 3 hours trying to work this out and have now got a massive head ache. Please could someone explain how to change, in simple terms please.

Julie.

Start up Outlook and click on File -> Import and Export...

Assuming you can still receive/send mail through Outlook Express, Choose "Import Internet Mail Account Settings" (in Outlook). The wizard should guide you through the rest of the process.

Once you're done with that, repeat the process, but this time choose "Import Internet Mail and Addressses" to import your already downloaded mail from Outlook Express, and your contact list.

Thanks very much for getting back to me. Have tried everything you suggested and managed to import mail and addresses, but when trying to send and receive mail I keep getting an error message saying "Unable to find e-mail server".
Please could you help again.

Julie.

You may want to double-check with your ISP about what settings you're supposed to use. They usually publish this somewhere on their web site. I've run out of ideas. :-(

You have to set up your mail accounts in Outlook again, usually. That information is not automatically carreid over from Outlook Express.
/Lactic

follow Lactic's advise.

If it still doesn't work, try filling in the ip adresses of the servers. If you don't know the ip's, open a dos box and type

ping <name of the incoming (POP3) mail server>

the ip adres giving replies is the server (d'uh @ myself)
repeat for the SMTP

example (in my case)

C:\>ping pop.pi.be

Pinging pop.pi.be [194.119.232.42] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 194.119.232.42 ...

194.119.232.42 is the ip adres of my incoming mail server.

Sometimes enabling norton antivirus e-mail scan can cause problems with mail reception. Check account settings after disabling e-mail scan. erase any occurances of 127.0.0.1 and fill all the fields properly - a manual is probably somewhere on the page of your ISP.

Hope that helps.

If not, contact your ISP's helpdesk. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back