Microsoft Office SP-1

E

existenz

i cannot seem to install this service pack. It'll reach the middle, and say something about not being able to patch some file...then it rolls back the installation and quits.

i think it's the Word update for macro vunerability, as this update received the same update. Any ideas?

Do you know the name of the file? The update also bombed out for me, saying it was unable to patch C:\Config.Msi\PT35.tmp. Another friend of mine was also unable to apply the service pack. Does anyone out there know why this is?

Do you have a link you could provide for this service pack? I looked for it and couldn't find it.

Is anything Office related running in the background when you attempt to apply the service pack? I'd suggest closing everything like the quick launch. Look in your startup folder and see what's being launched. If something is running that needs replaced then that could be your culprit.

I have...

the Service Pack from M$. Mail me if you want it. Also, try installing the previous updates for Office XP, it's probably looking for a file from there.

_T

Ahh yes. Lonman. Thanks! I'll try to see if that works!

I get my Office XP updates from the official Office site.

http://office.microsoft.com

then either, Download Center or Product Upgrades (or something like that.)

and yes, Gaspkill, I got the same file error as you. My friends also get the same message. I am going to try what Lonman said, and i'll get back to you guys about this...

Do any of you use a legitimate / illegitimate version of OfficeXP ?
Just trying to figure out if this may be the cause.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Do any of you use a legitimate / illegitimate version of OfficeXP ?

Well, yeah...I think I'm running one or the other...:D (J/K!)

Another difference would be running the corporate versions.

Check out the office NGs in msnews.microsoft.com NGs. Theres many different discussions with people having the same problems.
Yes, some of this could be related to people running cracked warez versions.

EDIT: BTW, I was able to patch mine just fine. I'm running Office XP Pro version

If you are really desperate to install SP1 you can go to www.notoriousnetworks.com where they have instructions on how to get around the install problem. Its pretty involved but they do say that it will work.

Thx existenz for the link:

http://office.microsoft.com/

I went and let "Product Updates" do it's little install and look see, I'm up-to-date. All I have installed from "Office XP Professional with frontpage" is Word, Frontpage, and Photo Editor.

I went ahead and downloaded the Sp-1 from the link provided by MMX and tried running it just to see what would happen. After I agree to the EULA I get the message "The expected version of the product was not found on your system" and then ends.

I don't know what SP-1 updates, but apparantly it has nothing to do with Word, Frontpage, or Photo Editor. Just thought I'd let you know.

really, Lonman?

Wow, thanks then. I won't have to search around now.

As I have already applied the Excel and Powerpoint patches :D

Too tired to check it out tonight, but as waddy said, it should be on the front page in about 19 mins ;):p

heehee. that website is based where I live :D

Toronto! hehe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back