• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Microsoft Office SP-1

E

existenz

i cannot seem to install this service pack. It'll reach the middle, and say something about not being able to patch some file...then it rolls back the installation and quits.

i think it's the Word update for macro vunerability, as this update received the same update. Any ideas?

G

gaskill

Do you know the name of the file? The update also bombed out for me, saying it was unable to patch C:\Config.Msi\PT35.tmp. Another friend of mine was also unable to apply the service pack. Does anyone out there know why this is?

Do you have a link you could provide for this service pack? I looked for it and couldn't find it.

Is anything Office related running in the background when you attempt to apply the service pack? I'd suggest closing everything like the quick launch. Look in your startup folder and see what's being launched. If something is running that needs replaced then that could be your culprit.

L

Lethal_T

I have...

the Service Pack from M$. Mail me if you want it. Also, try installing the previous updates for Office XP, it's probably looking for a file from there.

_T

E

existenz

and yes, Gaspkill, I got the same file error as you. My friends also get the same message. I am going to try what Lonman said, and i'll get back to you guys about this...

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Do any of you use a legitimate / illegitimate version of OfficeXP ?
Just trying to figure out if this may be the cause.

S

Speed4Ever

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Do any of you use a legitimate / illegitimate version of OfficeXP ?
Well, yeah...I think I'm running one or the other...:D (J/K!)

Another difference would be running the corporate versions.

Check out the office NGs in msnews.microsoft.com NGs. Theres many different discussions with people having the same problems.
Yes, some of this could be related to people running cracked warez versions.

EDIT: BTW, I was able to patch mine just fine. I'm running Office XP Pro version

Thx existenz for the link:

http://office.microsoft.com/

I went and let "Product Updates" do it's little install and look see, I'm up-to-date. All I have installed from "Office XP Professional with frontpage" is Word, Frontpage, and Photo Editor.

I went ahead and downloaded the Sp-1 from the link provided by MMX and tried running it just to see what would happen. After I agree to the EULA I get the message "The expected version of the product was not found on your system" and then ends.

I don't know what SP-1 updates, but apparantly it has nothing to do with Word, Frontpage, or Photo Editor. Just thought I'd let you know.

E

existenz

really, Lonman?

Wow, thanks then. I won't have to search around now.

As I have already applied the Excel and Powerpoint patches :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix