Microsoft OFFICE 2003 or XP [ ? ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Yes , time for poll .. select the one you're using or will .
If my brother wouldn't buy 2003 edition for office I wouldn't have been able to try it .. So 2003 here . You ? :eek:

Sustain with arguments .. would be more human

For my needs, there is no justification for me to upgrade from XP. I tried the 2003 beta, and while it had a few new features I liked (Word's reading view, Outlook's new layout), they aren't enough to justify the expense.

Office 2003 is Great, some kool new features, but if u alrdy have office xp it aint worth the upgrade but if u dont def get 2003

I havent gotten to try both of them, is there any real difference?

I'm using 2k3, and that's a really drawn out, slashed-up poll question there. :confused:

I beta tested 2003 and as a company decided to buy it as I was rather impressed with it. BUT, on my home machine (Win XP) I use Appleworks which I find supremely easier to use and because it was written in assembler is infinitely smaller and runs faster!!

We have Office 2000 on the machines at work while I use Office XP at home. Got Office XP as an OEM version on my home machine and laptop. I really didn't see much improvement between 2K and XP.

I probably won't upgrade my personal systems to Office 2003 until a service pack is released or if I get a new home PC.

We may considering upgrading the Win @k and XP clients to Office 2003 sometime next year. We have 2 PCs at work still runing Windows 98, but I understand you need either Win 2K or XP for office 2003. So when we replace those PCa, we'll get Office 2003 on the replacement ones

Originally posted by bman™
I havent gotten to try both of them, is there any real difference?

What I can say .. there is an impact .. visual ( attached a pic with Outlook ) .. :eek:

Using Office 2000 at home - is great man!
Using Office XP at work - sucks donkey appendage
Just ordered 2003 for home through a company buy deal - should be better.

I tried XP at home for a couple days and removed it. Stability problems, intrusive features, etc. Hated it! It's a pain at work too.

COSMIN
Please tell me I can turn off that ugly look and feel on 2003? I'd hate to feel I just wasted $20.

I use Office 2003 and i think it is alot better then Office XP. The layout of Outlook is unbelievably better which is why i use it all the time now :D.. ill be looking forward to see the sneak release images of the next Office when it comes nearer to the time.. i wonder if it can actually get any better when it comes to layout than Office 2003

All in All, im very happy with Office 2003, i found its alot more reliable to use and it is slightly quicker to load than Office XP

Alex :cool:

im usin it to (2003), its good but if u alrdy have Office Xp then i wudnt really say theres a huge bundle of new features 4 the cost

Please tell me I can turn off that ugly look and feel on 2003? I'd hate to feel I just wasted $20

I don't think so .. , maybe in the nearest future will exist some themes for Office suite ..:rolleyes: .. it would be a reason for turning off? ..

I am using XP. Not worth the extra cash to upgrade to 2003 for new features that I probably won't use!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back