Microsoft Offers FREE Pre-Activated Windows XP Image for Virtual PC

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
This seems like a crazy deal -

Microsoft has decided to offer a free Virtual PC image of Windows XP SP2 that is already activated. The reason they are offering this is so that users will be able to test out websites on Internet Explorer 6 SP2 because you can’t have two versions of IE installed on a single computer. With the recent release of Internet Explorer 7 many users were complaining about not knowing how their site looked in IE 6.

Direct Download Link for the Windows XP SP2 Virtual PC Image
Homepage for the Windows XP SP2 Virtual PC Image
Direct Download Link for Virtual PC 2004
Homepage for Virtual PC 2004

Odd. First link doesn't work (401). Second link works but clicking the "Continue" button to validate is not found (404).

Yah as soon as i get to where i can download it i get the 404.

Funny. I just downloaded this yesterday. It's an evaluation copy, and expires on July 20th, 2007.
Here's a screenshot:

vpc07_xp.png

At 10:48 AM nonetheless.

Link worked earlier today when I posted it, wonder if they yanked it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back