Microsoft-Now What??

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
A window just poppped up wanting me to get a msn passport. Has MS loaded sp1 with some sort of spyware?? I have noticed that zone alarm wants to let IE have access to the internet frequently. Three boxes every day. If I say no IE won't work & I have to close then open it again. What are MS up too??

You talking to yourself Hipster???? Can't help you there, never had that problem..

Btw, who will win the finals??

Hipster you need a passport ID to use Hotmail, or MSN nd if you use any .net stuff on Microsoft sites.

Your panicing over nothing m8, IE wants to go on the net to check for any updtaes, NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!

IT IS NOT SPYWARE EITHER!! :rolleyes:

hi Hipster Doofus:

i would uninstall zonealarm and try out sygate personal firewall

you can try it for 30 days and go back to zonealarm

i used to use za but i hated being forced to allow generic host ( and a few other m$ processes) access to the internet

sygate will allow only internet explorer access to the internet

everything else you can say no

and still get on the internet

its worth the download

you can also use this to sniff your packets to catch programs sending your info out to the web

btw
i got the msn message hear and i think something on the board might be triggering it

i dont use it so i was unhappy to see the installer pop-up like a gator advertisment

anyway

just my opinion

cheers
egghead

I think ist cause when you goto certain sites or open certain progs it runs MSN i think if you do the trick to disable it or uninstall it that wont happen no more not sure tho since i do use msn sometimes so its set up

$tUy_B that's the point. I don't have nor want any of those things. Again this morning it popped up again. When will MS learn?

egghead thanx for that but I like zone alarm. My isp would crack up if I tried another.

Smokie.....what a good idea for a thread. See you there. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back